(1885–1956). Architect in the former Soviet Union. He was one of the team responsible for the gigantic University Complex, Moscow (1948–53), typical of the overblown coarse stripped Classicism favoured in the Stalinist era. Similar buildings, with vast towers, were erected in several places in the Soviet bloc during the 1950s (e.g. Palace of Culture and Science, Warsaw, Poland (1951–3)).
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.