Flemish architect of the spire (c. 1449–55) of Brussels Town Hall, one of the most elegant creations of late-medieval Gothic secular European architecture. Other works include the lavatorium, Hospital of Our Lady, Oudenaarde (1442–5); the tower of the Church of Ste-Gertrude, Leuven (Louvain), (completed 1453); and part of the Church of Sts Pierre & Guido, Anderlecht, Brussels (1479–85). He worked on the Cathedrul, Brussels (1470–85), but on what is not known. To confuse matters, he is also known as Jan van den Berghe.
Białostocki (1972);Duverger (1933);Jane Turner (1996)
Subjects: Architecture — Renaissance Art.