Overview

Sainte-Chapelle


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Paris.

The chapel was built by St Louis IX of France to house the Crown of Thorns. Begun c.1245, it was consecrated in 1248. Part of the Palais de Justice, it was finally secularized in 1906.

Subjects: Medieval and Renaissance History (500 to 1500).


Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.