(1898–1983). Italian architect and town-planner. His prolific output embraced Expressionism, eclecticism, International Modernism, Italian Rationalism, and much else. He won many architectural competitions during the Fascist era, including that for the Post Office in the Appio Quarter of Rome (1933–6). He was Director of the Instituto Universitario di Architettura, Venice, from 1945 to 1971, and published much on urban planning. He prepared housing-schemes for several Italian cities including Mestre (1951–6) and Palermo (1956–8), and designed the Banco d'Italia, Padua (1968), and the Theatre, Sciacca, Sicily (1974–9).
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.