Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

A frame for holding the glass in a window which can be raised and lowered in vertical grooves. Sash windows were introduced to England from Holland in the late 17th century.

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.