English architect. The second son of ‘Great’ Scott, he carried out various works with his brother, ‘Middle’ Scott, including the spectacular Church of St John the Baptist (now the RC Cathedral), Norwich (1884–1910). He added the German Gothic tracery spire to his father's Glasgow University (1887). Scott was responsible for the Church of St John the Baptist, Hythe, Kent (1869), but his masterpiece is the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of Western Europe, St Sophia, Moscow Road, Bayswater, London (1874–82), an essay in the Byzantine style.
Dinsmoor&Muthesius (1985);Ant. Rossi (1998)