Irish architect. A devotee of International Modernism since the 1930s, he was one of the first to build in the style of Gropius and his associates in Ireland, as with St Lawrence's Community School, Drogheda, Co. Louth (1934), and the Scott House, Sandycove Point, Co. Dublin (1938). Among his large buildings were the Laois County Hospital, Portlaoise (1936–7), the Offaly County Hospital, Tullamore (1937), the Ritz Cinema, Athlone, Co. Westmeath (1940), the Central Bus Station, Store Street, Dublin (1950–3), the Radio Telefís Éireann Studios, Dublin (1959–61), and the Brown & Polson factory, Dublin (1959). From 1959 his style became influenced by that of Mies van der Rohe, as with the Carroll Factory, Dundalk, Co. Louth (1970), and the Bank of Ireland Building, Baggot Street, Dublin (1968–73). From 1966 his firm became Scott, Tallon, Walker.
Casey & Rowan (1993);Kalman (1994);O'Regan & Dearey (eds.) (1995);M. Scott (1992)