(d. 1747). English architect and builder. He completed Cannons, the great house for James Brydges, 1st Duke of Chandos (1673–1744), in Mddx. (1723–5—demolished). He carried out building operations for the Duke in London and elsewhere, and appears to have attempted to build a palace-fronted range in Grosvenor Square, London (c. 1728–30—demolished). He built houses in Cavendish Square (1724–8), Brook Street (1725–9), St James's Square (1726–8), and South Audley Street (1736–7), and developed Shepherd's Market and adjoining streets in Mayfair (c. 1735), all in London, but little of his work survives. He also designed Great Stanmore Rectory, Middlesex (1725), and monuments in the De Grey Mausoleum, Church of St John the Baptist, Flitton, Beds. (1739–40).
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.