Related Overviews


'slype' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Architecture


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

A covered way or passage between a cathedral transept and the chapter house or deanery. Recorded from the mid 19th century, the word may be a variant of dialect slipe ‘long narrow piece of ground’.

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.