Polish architect, one of the leading designers of the inter-war period. His masterpiece is the Church of St Jakob (James), Warsaw (1909–23), in a type of severe monumental cubic Neo-Romanesque, much influenced by Finnish, Russian, and Swedish National Romantic architecture. He restored the Garrison Church (1923–33), the Neo-Classical Paca Palace (1920s), and the Church of St Wenceslas (1916–23), all in Warsaw. His reinforced-concrete Church of St Roch, Białystok (1927–46), was almost an essay in Expressionism, but also incorported late-Gothic forms.
Chrościcki &Rottermund (1977);Les'nikowski (ed.) (1996)