(1897–1983) Weaver and textile designer Stözl was both a graduate and member of staff at the German Bauhaus. Having studied decorative arts at the School of Applied Arts in Munich from 1914 to 1916, she went on to study at the Bauhaus from 1919 to 1925, before becoming technical director of the Bauhaus weaving workshops. After being put in charge of the latter in 1927, she resigned from the Bauhaus in 1931 and established a weaving business in Zurich, which she ran until 1967. In 1932 she became a member of the Swiss Werkbund.
From A Dictionary of Modern Design in Oxford Reference.
Subjects: Industrial and Commercial Art.