Anglican bishop. The first Warden of Keble College, Oxford (1870–88), and then Vicar of Leeds (1888–95), he became Bp. of Rochester in 1895. His main work here was the division of the diocese and the creation of the see of Southwark, of which he became bishop in 1905. From 1911 to 1923 he was Bp. of Winchester. He promoted moderate High Church principles throughout his life.
Talbot House (‘Toc H’) was founded in memory of his son, Gilbert Talbot (1891–1915).