Related Overviews


'tensimeter' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing these subjects:

  • Earth Sciences and Geography
  • Physics


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

A form of differential manometer with two sealed bulbs attached to the limbs. It is used to measure the difference in vapour pressure between liquids sealed into the bulbs. If one liquid has a known vapour pressure (often water is used) that of the other can be determined.

Subjects: Earth Sciences and Geography — Physics.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.