French architect. He studied under Gabriel, Mique, and Le Roy, and in 1783 was employed by the Dutch East India Company at the Cape in South Africa. His works include several Neo-Classical buildings in and around Cape Town, including the Supreme Court and Government Offices (1811–15). With Anreith he brought advanced European architectural ideas to South Africa.
F&C (1978);Lewcock (1963);Puyfontaine (1972);Jane Turner (1996)