A Christian fellowship which originated in Talbot House, a soldiers' club opened in Belgium in 1915 under the Rev. P. T. B. Clayton and named after Lt. Gilbert Talbot, son of E. S. Talbot. In 1920 Toc H (the army signallers' method of pronouncing T H) was refounded in London and spread rapidly. It engages in a variety of Christian social service.
Subjects: Christianity — British History.