topgallant sail

Related Overviews


'topgallant sail' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Maritime History


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

The sail set from the topgallant yard of a square-rigger. They are sometimes split into two parts, each with its own yard, and are then called the upper and lower topgallants. For illus. see square rig.

Subjects: Maritime History.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.