Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

A horizontal bar of stone or wood across the opening of a window or across a panel, usually for strengthening.

Subjects: Architecture — Art.

Reference entries

See all related reference entries in Oxford Index »

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.