Stained-glass workshop founded in Dublin in 1903 by the highly successful portrait painter Sarah Purser (1848–1943) and the playwright Edward Martyn (1859–1923), an ardent nationalist in the arts who had written articles attacking cheap commercial furnishings in Irish churches. The workshop was in purpose-built premises at 24 Upper Pembroke Street. Purser was the main shareholder and her role was chiefly administrative, although she also did some designing. Most of the leading Irish stained-glass artists of the day worked there at one time or another, among them Wilhelmina Geddes (1887–1955), Michael Healy (1873–1941), and Evie Hone. The first major commission was for Loughrea Cathedral, County Galway, and many others followed throughout Ireland. Purser ran the company until she died at the age of 94 in 1943; it was dissolved the following year.