Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Originally a village in Middlesex, site of Horace Walpole's Strawberry Hill, and from 1718 home of the poet Alexander Pope (1688–1744). It is now known primarily as the site of the English Rugby Football Union's ground, acquired in 1907.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.