Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

[from the Latin vermiculus, ‘a small worm’]

A form of rustication or surface decoration of masonry blocks with stylized features like worms or worm-holes. More generally the term is used to describe decoration with irregular wavy lines, for example that found in certain types of mosaic work.

Subjects: Art.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.