German architect. He was called to the Wettin Court at Meissen in 1470, and was responsible for many of the late-Gothic buildings in Saxony. Among his works are Albrechtsburg (from 1471), the Rathaus (Town Hall—from 1472), and the Cathedral (1472–6), all in Meissen, and part of the Schloss in Dresden (from 1471). His influence spread into Eastern Europe, especially to Bohemia.
Białostocki (1972);Hubala and Schweikhart (1978);Mrusek (1972)