The Society of Missionaries of Africa, founded by Abp. C. -M. A.- Lavigerie at Algiers in 1868. It is composed of secular priests and coadjutor brothers living in community without vows, but bound by solemn oath to lifelong work in the African mission. They wear a white tunic and cloak, with a rosary round the neck. They are the most numerous group of RC missionaries at work in Africa.