Related Overviews


'wigwam' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Architecture


Quick Reference

Type of tent consisting of a frame of poles converging at the top, covered with bark, matting, or, more usually, hides, to form a cone-shaped shelter. The term is of North American native origin, in the area of the Great Lakes and eastwards: it is called a tepee in other areas.

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries