English plasterer and architect. He carried out many architectural commissions for Repton (J. A. Repton was his pupil), and was an antiquarian with an interest in medieval architecture. Among his works may be mentioned Donington Hall, Leics. (c. 1790–7—in the Gothic style), alterations, including the addition of the portico, to Calke Abbey, Derbys. (1793–1808), and two houses in Cambridge (38 Newmarket Road, c.1795, and Newnham Cottage, Queen's Road, c.1800).
Colvin (1995);W. Papworth (1892);Stroud (1962);Windsor-Liscombe (1980)