(fl. 1398–1440). English mason. He worked at Porchester Castle, Hants. in the 1390s, and there-after mostly in Oxon. He seems to have designed the tithe-barn at Swalcliffe (1403–6), the chancel of Adderbury Church (1408–18), and carried out various jobs at New College, Oxford. Although employed by New College, he seems to have run some kind of private practice, and his hand has been detected in various churches, including Bloxham (Milcombe Chapel), Broughton, Deddington, Enstone, North Leigh (Wilcote Chapel), and Thame (transept), all in Oxon. He may have carried out works at Northleach Church, Glos. but his main claim to fame is the Divinity School, Oxford, begun 1424, later vaulted by William Orchard.
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.