Overview

Windsor, St George's Chapel


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

The ‘Royal Free Chapel of Windsor’ was constituted by Edward III to take charge of the shrine of the Order of the Garter (founded c.1348); it received its statutes in 1352. The present Perpendicular chapel, with its elaborate stone vaulting, dates from 1475–1508.

Subjects: Christianity.


Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.