One of the leading English porcelain factories. Founded in 1751, it purchased the Bristol factory of Benjamin Lund in 1752 and so acquired much technical expertise. The factory soon began producing good quality, thinly potted, and durable soft-paste porcelain. It made large quantities of tea and coffee wares and decorative vases, although figures were rare. The factory pioneered the use of transfer-printing, from 1757 in black, and by 1760 in underglaze blue. Some elaborate and richly painted pieces were decorated outside the factory, by London-based artists such as James Giles. During the first part of the 19th century much fine painting was produced within the factory. In 1862 it became the Royal Worcester Porcelain Company, creating many elaborate, richly gilded wares; by the end of the century the factory had assembled a team of many highly talented painters, such as Harry Davies and the Stintons. The factory is still in production today.
http://www.worcesterporcelainmuseum.org.uk/ Worcester Porcelain Museum website.