word balloons

Related Overviews

William Hogarth (1697—1764) painter and engraver


'word balloons' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Bibliography


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Devices used in comics to make visible and enclose speech (or thought), derived from medieval art’s text-ribbons or labels, modernized by caricaturists after Hogarth.

Subjects: Bibliography.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.