Educated at Magdalene College, Cambridge, he took orders in 1794. Wrangham’s library once held over 14,000 volumes as well as numerous volumes of bound pamphlets; many of the latter were donated to Trinity College, Cambridge. The rest of his books were sold at London in 1843. He collected classical, English, French, and Italian literature as well as theology and ecclesiastical history, and had an appetite for privately printed rarities.
From The Oxford Companion to the Book in Oxford Reference.