Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

On reed instruments, a curved metal tube (Amer.: bocal) between the reed and the instrument. On brass instruments, coils of tubing (called a ‘shank’ when straight) to alter the tube ...

Subjects: Music.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.