'ridge-piece' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Architecture


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

General term for the longitudinal timber or ridge-plate at the apex of a pitched roof where the rafters pitch against it. It may be rectangular, thin, and upright (ridge-plank), square, set square (ridge-plate), or square and set diagonally (ridge-purlin).

Alcock, Barley, Dixon, & Meeson (1996)

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.