diocese of Swansea and Brecon

Quick Reference

In 1923, three years after the disestablishment of the Church in Wales, those parts of the ancient diocese of St Davids within the counties of Breconshire, Radnorshire, and western Glamorgan were formed into a new see of Swansea and Brecon, with the cathedral at the medieval priory church of St John in Brecon itself. The name of the see reflects the two focal points.

Subjects: British History.

Reference entries