above the fold

'above the fold' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing these subjects:

  • Computing
  • Business and Management


Quick Reference

When a Web page is displayed in a browser the area of the page that is displayed is referred to as being above the fold. The contents that lie below are known as below the fold. The term is derived from the newspaper industry where the fold refers to the paper fold in broadsheet paper.

Subjects: Computing — Business and Management.

Reference entries