1. Human physical form and physicality, the representation and social shaping of which has become a key focus of study in cultural studies.
2. (body copy) In journalism and advertising, the main part of an article or advertisement, not including any headlines, subheads, call-outs, illustrations, captions, and so on.
3. The part of a webpage that appears within the frame of a browser.
4. The part of an email containing the message.
5. (typography) The main body is the part of lowercase letters apart from any ‘ascenders’ or ‘descenders’; body size is the length from the top of the highest ascender to the bottom of the lowest descender.
6. In text design, the body text is the main body of the text, as distinct from the display text: compare body type.