Related Overviews


'buckling' can also refer to...

buckle folding


Francis Buckle (c. 1770—1827) jockey

George Earle Buckle (1854—1935) newspaper editor and historian

Henry Thomas Buckle (1821—1862) historian

(James) Desmond Buckle (1910—1964) political activist

Richard Buckle (1916—2001) ballet critic and exhibition organizer

Sir Claude Henry Mason Buckle (1803—1894) naval officer

Stephen Buckle


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Art


Quick Reference

The appearance of waves or bulges in a painting canvas that has slackened from its stretcher; also used to describe cleavage from the support in which the ground and upper layers of the painting give way, or crumple up under pressure from shrinkage of the canvas support, and are pushed up along the edges of cracks.

Subjects: Art.

Reference entries